Leading in Uncertainty
Webinar Recording: 11 June 2020
COVID-19 has poignantly highlighted the life and death impact of leadership. It has placed a spotlight on existing fault-lines, but at the same time created opportunities for radically new conversations. There are very few things we can be certain about right now, but one thing we do know is that COVID-19 is not the first pandemic humanity has had to face, and it won’t be the last. In addition to that, there is climate change, increasing polarisation,socio-political turmoil and economic uncertainties. It is critical that we learn from this experience and prepare as best we can for what lies ahead. A question that keeps emerging is: where is the leadership that can help us navigate this uncertainty and complexity? And following from that, what does complexity-fit leadership look like?
In this conversation we explore:
- What is the role of leadership in an uncertain world? Is there a crisis in leadership?
- From each of the various perspectives, what is happening in the leadership field?
- What are we learning about leading in complex systems? – What do we make of notions like collective and distributed leadership?
- The dynamics between individual leaders and their systemic context. What are the implications for leadership and organisational development?
Join Eliat Aram, Jennifer Garvey Berger and Mary Uhl-Bien in conversation with Sonja Blignaut for a 90-minute discussion on “Leadership in Uncertainty”.
To read further or watch the recording, sign-up for the listed membership or purchase the listed product/s.
More COVID-19 Webinar Recordings
- Complexity, Chaos & COVID-19
- Raven Conversations – Complexity, Chaos and COVID-19
- Exploring the entanglements of COVID-19
- Decision-making in Crisis
- Visions for the Future
Cognitive Edge Pte Ltd. (Cognitive Edge) are making this material available as a contribution to understanding of the role of complexity theory in understanding the current pandemic and its consequences.
This video is owned by Cognitive Edge, it’s licensors or other providers of such material, and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or property rights laws. Your membership or product purchase provides you with access to this video and permits you to use it for non-commercial use only. No right, title, or interest in, or to, the video, or any content in the video, is transferred to you. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Cognitive Edge. Please note that you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, re-publish, download, store, or transmit this media.