Complex Facilitation Fundamentals (September)
Presented by Cognitive Edge, in partnership with Complexability Pty Ltd
Complex facilitation methods and processes are designed to align with the nature and challenges of complex systems. They are focused on creating and sustaining environments where the social construction of shared understanding of complex issues can emerge, where participants can discover sufficient agreement to take action, and appropriate ways of monitoring impact can be co-constructed.
This programme offers an entry point into Complex Facilitation principles and practice, exploring the relationship between the principles of complex systems, the role of the facilitators and the experience of participants. Supported by experienced complex facilitators, participants will engage with core principles, the challenges of the facilitation role and potential stakeholder issues.
- 4 x 3-hour virtual classroom sessions
- 2 hours of peer practice activity and coaching between sessions 2 and 3
- 1 hour of one-on-one coaching per participant with Facilitators, to support integration post-programme
Learning investment: $975 US per person
Live session dates and times:
- 15 September at 09h00 – 12h00 AEST
- 16 September at 09h00 – 12h00 AEST
- 22 September at 09h00 – 12h00 AEST
- 23 September at 09h00 – 12h00 AEST
Pre-requisite: A basic understanding of the Cynefin framework is essential. Participants who have participated in Cynefin Basecamp, Foundations or equivalent will find that an advantage.
Meeting environments: Zoom.us; Google Slides / Docs; ConceptBoard